Anniversary and more!!:)

as i sit back to write on this one...mixed emotions fill me......last one year..my life changed and changed how....in the last year i had to leave my home,my country to come to a total new world.....where my husband resides ..melbourne....i always was the girl who detested the idea of settling abroad..p.s. its a real big thing in land of five rivers where i come from .i.e. punjab.......i mean people still go crazzzzzy over ka^neda......or aastraliaaa or inglaand.....yet i fell for the guy who was residing in melbourne.....tht meant a lot of changes to my being..proffesional and personal......as i was working in Chandigarh back in india while my in laws were in jalandhar was used to the nuclear family concept.....my parents used to visit me frequently there and we usually spent our weekends at my place or my in laws place......it was all working gud........n in between all this i got pregnent...perhaps i never valued the poeple around me coz i was too casual then..... living in my little sunshine i never imagined life would be so different if i didnt have all these people around me....... being parents is perhaps one of  the toughest and thankless jobs.........my mum took an off from her work 4 three months to come here to care of me n the baby.....n for the first time i thanked all those little everyday tasks she did 4 me and the house...........sometimes as kids we become such selfish beings totally thinking about ourselves......... this year i also understood the true worth of marriage...and my husband:).....we are not the usual lovey dovey types.....i mean except for opening the car door and door of the restaurent wen i would enter he hasen't done anything romantic as per say till date yet his subtle gestures took me over....his washing the laundry wen i was recovering post pregnency...to washing the dishes while i attend to the baby .......or making round rotis when i  make the sabzi........he totally reads my face wen m unitereseted in doing job...let me confess i don't enjoy doing housework much except cooking and hez totally fine with it:)))))) he has his fair share of irritable habits.....he has ocd of keeping things clean....n the lazy being i am....luv lill mess around me!he sleeps like a dead duck n wen he does sleep it takes hell of an effort to wake him up!!n then sometimes he just cant understand the pain of handling a child all alone wen hez off to work..i mean he tries n helps me wid the baby n housework wen hez around but smtimes cant understand the whole fatigue process wen m alone handling the kid.......but i guess men r just made that way....thats why god made mums....:)  i hope ajitesh realises this one day just like i realize it now!! m into cooking these days n try to ensure that i eat healthy these days..both of us..me n hubby have put on weight n we r trying desperately to loose weight...btw..any suggestions on how to get rid of stretch marks.....although i have considerably lost weight those ugly marks just don't go away:(..........below r some dishes i cooked this week in a run up to our anniversary which falls today:)
                                         Baked Aubergine Delight with yoghurt mint Dip...........
                   Potato capsicum salad with cauliflower sauce....our very own aloo gobhi with a twist:)

                                             Baked Chicken drumsticks in Bell pepper sauce

Comments

  1. hey niru, this luks yummy!!!
    vichy has a good range of anti stretch mark gel..you can try that for starters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! We often realize the sacrifices our parents made when we reach that point in our own lives! And small gestures always matter more than grandeur ones to me also!!
    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. actually the little things that your husband does, are very romantic sweety!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated wishes Nivi. Reading this article made me a a little anxious/scared/imaginative/excited about married life. The little sweet things your husband and parents do to you are what makes one happy. I wish you all the happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one. I really like it. Thank you for sharing.


    Recruitment agency in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Phulkari ,heritage reinvented!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The art of making perfect "Chickpea Masala"

Aachari Bell Pepper Pie and Weekend by the Beach...........................